DREAMWEAVER APPLICATIONS FOR BUSINESS & COLLEGE
Instructor: Mrs. Susan Wilson
Number of Credits: ½ credit
Grade Level: 10-12
Contact Information: 849-7080 or email@example.com
Course Description: Available in Adobe PDF
A project-based course that teaches information literacy (finding, evaluating, and using the phenomenal amount of information available in cyberspace) for college & business as well as basic web design and its development process (storyboarding & publishing). The projects will include: Research and online communication via the WWW, design, project management and collaboration, developing web pages using Excel, Access, and PowerPoint for college and corporate projects. Students will explore the fundamentals of Macromedia Dreamweaver MX and Fireworks MX and Adobe PDF Writer.
The following will be covered throughout the semester:
- Networks and the Internet
- Basic HTML
- Current Technology Trends
- Website Development w/Dreamweaver MX 2004
- Typography, Style Sheets, Color
- Integration of Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe PDF
Classroom Rules & Regulations: To make this year in Internet Basics and Beyond the most productive and enjoyable it can be, I have developed a few simple guidelines. Following these will help you to be an active learner and an asset to the class environment.
- Be on time to class. Be seated at your computer and ready to work by the time the bell rings. Lateness will not be tolerated.
- Be prepared for class. You should have a pen, View binder and folder. If you miss a class, you are responsible for finding out what work you missed and then making it up by the due date.
- Be involved. Participate in class, offer your ideas and share your thoughts with the rest of us.
- Be respectful. Appropriate behavior is expected at all times.
This is a hands-on course using computers daily. Class time is an important commodity. It is not to be wasted. If you need to make up work you missed, you are to make arrangements to do so before or after school. When in the computer lab for special assignments, students are expected to abide by the school's Acceptable Use Policy at all times. Accounts will remain locked until the AUP form has been returned with the appropriate signatures.
All work is considered important. Your quarterly grades will reflect class work, tests, quizzes, and projects. Your success is important to me. I will be available for extra help. Please see me to arrange it. I look forward to having an interesting and successful year together.